Current Weight: 181.4
- From Last Week – 0.8 pound gain
- From Start of Challenge – 3.6 pound gain
- From Highest Weight - 52.6 pound loss
OK, you know I fess up when I’ve been eating poorly or excessively. This past week I’ve been exemplary. I’ve even logged all my food in My Fitness Pal every stinking day which I HATE!
- I focused on getting lots of potassium. Maybe I had too much fruit?
- I logged every day and stayed in the weight loss zone for calories.
- I ate 95% clean, whole foods.
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday – Ran 3.1 miles; mowed grass (first mowing of spring!)
- Sunday – Rest
- Monday – Ran 3.1 miles (slow)
- Tuesday – Weight training (squats, lunges, weights, stairs, abs, etc) 40 minutes
- Wednesday – Ran 3.1 miles (fast)
- Thursday – Weight training (squats, weights, stairs, abs, etc) 35 minutes
- Improving a lot, I’m days away from the end of a major special assignment with only one big hurdle left on Monday night.
- I’m taking this coming week off (other than the Monday night presentation) to recover.
- I’ve been getting a deep tissue (like painfully deep) massage once a week to try to help with my upper back/neck tension and my tight calves/hamstrings.
Now, I did see a loss of about two pounds yesterday morning, so I’m hoping today’s weigh in is just water weight from the strength training. I did push my upper body pretty hard yesterday, upping the weights from last week. I think that when you’re building muscle sometimes your body retains water to help repair and rebuild the muscle… That’s what I’m going to have to stick with because other than going on a starvation or completely low carb (no fruit) diet, I really couldn’t have done anything any better this week.
OK, patience, patience, patience. I committed to give this strength training and clean eating thing a fair trial and it’s only been two weeks. I just know where I want to get to and it’s hard not to see progress on the scale. Guess I need to take some measurements.