Last week, I was excited to learn that I’d been selected as an ambassador for the Asheville Marathon and Half Marathon.
Over the next seven months I’ll be announcing lots of exciting news and events related to the race weekend but we’re kicking it off with an amazing discount code for race registration.
First let me tell you why I am excited to run this race and why you should register today.
- I first learned about this race last year when my friend Amy from Mom’s Magical Miles tried to talk me into registering. Unfortunately I’d already signed up for the Gate River Run 15k, so I couldn’t do it too. Once I read Amy’s race recap and saw her photos, I knew I had to run this one.
- The Biltmore is one of my favorite places. Whenever we go to North Carolina, we make sure to schedule a trip to Asheville to explore the house and the grounds. On our last visit, we decided that the grounds were even more amazing than the house. We rented bikes and explored and had a wonderful time. The idea of running a half or full marathon completely on the Biltmore grounds (America’s Largest Backyard) is so enticing.
- I hate hills. Now that sounds like a reason I should avoid this race, right? Nope, I need this race on my calendar so that I stop avoiding hill training. I know hills will make me stronger and I need to embrace that!
- The swag. This race had some awesome swag last year. Nice race shirt plus a sweet fleece blanket. And the opportunity to buy 13.1 wine bottles!
- The medal. I love a unique medal and last year’s medal was gorgeous and unlike anything you’ll get at any other race and represented the spirit of the race! It’s artsy and wooden.
- The run-cation. It’s been too long since I’ve been to Asheville and this race is an awesome
excuseopportunity to take a run-cation to the Biltmore and Asheville area.
- Great friends. I’m so excited that Amy will also be running! I’ve been able to spend some time with her at other races and am looking forward to getting to enjoy the race with her!
- The choice of exploring the civilized side of the grounds for the half or branching out and exploring the normally closed, wild-side of the grounds on the course of the full. While I’ll be sticking to the half this year, I have a goal of doing the full in 2016! The ability to get to see the rugged, wilderness that is usually closed to the public is a great temptation!
Did I convince you yet? Who else is going to take advantage of my discount to sign up and join me on Sunday, March 15, 2015 in running the great wide somewhere in a gorgeous location?
The race director has given us a discount code for $10 off the Half and $20 off the Full. Send me a message at email@example.com or contact me on Facebook or Twitter messaging and I’ll happily share the code with you. I hope to get to meet you before the race or on the course!