A new exciting feature. I’ll be posting my favorite recipes every now and then. This one is of my own invention, inspired by a dish of the same name at a local Mexican Restaurant (Las Margaritas).
Carrots (we use the chip cut kind just to make the prep easier)
Garlic Mrs. Dash
Use as much or little of the above as you like.
- Wash the veggies.
- Cut the seeds out of the squash and zucchini.
- Dice all the ingredients (except the oil of course) into small pieces. Smaller than a six sided die but not too small (not minced) either.
- In a big metal saute pan (I don’t like to use the nonstick kind), put in some oil and heat it on high.
- Add the vegetables and chicken and saute on high while adding lots of poultry seasoning and Garlic Mrs. Dash.
- Saute on high for 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Cover and reduce to low heat for about an hour. Stir every ten minutes.
Erik likes to eat this over white rice with siracha and teriyaki sauce added. I eat it all by itself (no rice or teriyaki sauce) or with some siracha added if I want to kick it up a little. Eli loves this meal and Alex hates it (and usually makes pizza instead).
I am not a vegetable lover, but I love this dish! Yum!