It’s Friday again and I’m always happy to link up Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, Mar at Mar on the Run and Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC. I’m going to focus on my non-fitness goals for 2015 in this post and move on to my fitness goals as part of my Tuesdays on the Run linkup!
- Get serious about my blog. I’ve been blogging for over two years and I’m still a total amateur. I want to learn how to get my stuff seen by more people, without losing my voice and “selling out”. This will involve actually figuring out the mystery of “SEO” and attending a blog conference (or two). I’m also going to stop being lazy about using non Facebook platforms like Twitter and Pinterest.
- Become more outgoing. This is going to be a “fake it ’till you make it” kind of thing. I’m so uncomfortable in new social settings, but I’m uncomfortable when I run a half marathon too, and I push through and do it. Sadly, there are no medals given out at cocktail parties or work meetings!
- Get on the 2016 Disney Parks Moms Panel. Getting so close last year made me realize how much I really want to be able to be part of that family. I would love to use my crazy love and knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort to be able to help people have a better trip.
- Continue to pay off debt. Two hefty student loans, a prepaid college plan and credit cards seem to take up most of my paycheck every month. We’ve made a good dent over the last few years, but I need to buckle down again and finish the job!
- Have an adventure every week with my family. Having Fridays off means that there’s no excuse for me not taking Eli for a weekly adventure. We live in a great city that has museums, parks, hiking trails, springs and botanical gardens. We’re only an hour from the beach and two hours from Disney, so road trips need to get started again too! And camping! We are going to the museum today, so that’s a start!
2015 is shiny and new and I plan to fill it with positive growth experiences. 2014 taught me that failure stings but doesn’t actually harm me, in fact it helps me identify areas to improve and grow. I’m sure I’ll fail (plenty of times if I’m doing it right!) in 2015, but I absolutely resolve to never never give up and settle for mediocrity.
Come back on Tuesday for my 2015 fitness goals and I’d love to have you join us for our Tuesdays on the Run linkup to share yours!