1. Trail of Payne 10k – I’m excited and scared of this one because I’ve never run it and it looks like a really crazy trail run based on the description and the times from prior year finishers. This is a really fast town and those finish times are not fast so the course must be tough! I need to track down some race recaps (harder than you’d think for these local races!) to get prepared. And I know Paynes Prairie has bison, horses and gators, so I hope I don’t run into any of those along the way!
2. Asheville Half Marathon – OK, I’m terrified of this one but if I survive it I think it will be one of those races I remember forever. I love the Smoky Mountains and I love the Biltmore (especially the grounds) and this race looks to be challenging and gorgeous and really special (maybe not the hills though…or the temperatures). I’m also working the BondiBand booth for the first time at this race which is also scary and exciting at the same time.
3. Wine & Dine Half Marathon – This is my favorite runDisney race so far. I keep hearing rumors that the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights is going to be moved due to construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and I really hope that if that’s the case they find a way to have the race course still go through them because that is my absolutely favorite part of the race. The course itself is wonderful, with the last half being off the highway in the parks or on the BoardWalk. And it’s the best after party that runDisney offers, with booths from the Food & Wine Festival offering great tastings all night long.
4. Space Coast Half Marathon – I’m so excited that I’m already registered for my third running of this race. And because it’s my third year of the five year series, I’ll earn a bonus medal this year.
5. A new runDisney race – I’m not sure if there will be one, or if it will even be at Walt Disney World Resort, but with the announcement that the Tower of Terror Ten Miler won’t be happening this year I’m hoping that we’ll hear something soon about something to replace it. A villains race? A Star Wars race? A Pixar race? I’m good with any of them! Fingers crossed that we get something fun this year!
What’s your #1 race this year that you are most excited about and why?