I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. Gratitude is the topic for today’s Friday Five with Cynthia at You Signed Up for What , Mar at Mar on the Run and Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for in my life. Last year, I did a daily gratitude post during November which was really helpful to me in keeping a positive attitude.
Some of you may know that we have had a couple of health scares over the last two years, both with Erik and Eli. There is nothing like being unsure of your family’s health to make you refocus on what is really important in life.
Here’s what I am truly grateful for:
- My children. Having children didn’t come easily to me, so I’ve always been aware of how much of a gift it is to have them in my life. They both continually amaze me with their cleverness, intelligence and humor. Hugging them every day is something I am so thankful for.
- My husband. Next month, Erik and I will celebrate our 18 year wedding anniversary. We have fun together, we fight about stupid things, we help each other when we’re feeling down and we enjoy just hanging out with each other. I’m thankful that we’ve made it through some tough times together.
- My family. I’m really thankful for the rest of my family, both direct and extended. I’m really sad that my children don’t have cousins because having that extended family is such a wonderful feeling.
- My friends. I have friends who live close by, friends who live far away and now I have friends that I haven’t even met. Thanks to the beauty of Facebook groups and blogging, I have met a whole tribe of people who share my
interestobsession with running, runDisney and Disney.
- My adventures. I am thankful that I have the ability to go on adventures, whether the adventure is just a day trip to Kanapaha or a three week drive across the country. Adventures are what make me feel most alive!
There are so many things to be grateful for in my life. And not one of those things is a physical “thing”. I’ve got one bonus thing to be grateful for… Today’s my 41st birthday, and I’m always grateful to be around to celebrate another one! What are you grateful this year?