Wow, how is it Friday again so quickly? I was at a work conference most of this week so the week flew by and Friday snuck up on me! It’s time for another Friday Five linkup with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Mar at Mar On The Run and Cynthia at You Signed Up For What.
This Summer I Will:
- Lose 15 pounds. I am learning that I really need a lower carb diet to be successful with weight loss. It makes sense because I had gestational diabetes and my HA1c results have me right at the bottom of the pre-diabetes levels. All of that means that I have insulin issues and that my body doesn’t handle sugars very well. I’m going to start monitoring my blood sugar and tracking what I eat.
- Drink 96 ounces of water every day. I am pretty sure I wander around at least slightly dehydrated most of the time. As it is heating up (did I mention I hate the summer in Florida) this is even more important. I’ve stocked up on Cocogo, so if I find that I’m having trouble getting all my water in, I’ll just add one packet to my big 32 ounce bottle!
- Commit to Family Fun Fridays. My husband teaches and I have Fridays off year-round, so during the summer months, we have the luxury of all of us being home on Fridays. I’m going to make a schedule of Friday activities for us to do this summer starting next week. I think scheduled adventures will help minimize those Fridays where we realize we just sat around the house all day.
- Get Strong. I just finished the first 8 weeks of the scheduled workouts in The New Rules of Lifting for Women and I can already see a lot of changes in my body composition (although sadly, not on the scale). I can also tell that I’ve gotten a lot stronger, both by the amount I can lift in the gym and in how much easier it is to do things in “real life” like lift my preschooler, go up several flights of stairs and do yard work. I am going to stick to the 2x a week plan following the workouts in the book.
- Practice Gratitude. I’ve had a lot of trouble being grateful for what I have lately. There’s nothing wrong with striving for improvement and growth but there is a lot wrong with being jealous of what others have and not appreciating all the wonderful things in my life. I am going to work on being thankful for where I am today and enjoying my current moments.
So, that’s my summer plan. I hope to look back at this around Halloween and to be able to say, yes I accomplished a lot this summer, made a lot of memories and had a great time.
What are you up to this summer? We can’t afford a big summer vacation this year, so let me live vicariously through your trips! Curious about other summer plans? Check out the linkup!
And speaking of linkups, I’ve been having so much fun with this Friday Five linkup that starting next week, my blogger buddy Patty from My No-Guilt Life and I will be hosting our own every Tuesday called Tuesdays on the Run. You can find the topic in advance each week here. The first week is going to be very free form, but look for specific running related topics to come. I hope you’ll come back and join us on Tuesday!