Current Weight: 181.4
– From Last Week – 0.2 pound loss
– From Highest Weight – 52.6 pound loss
This is getting annoying. I did see the 170’s for a couple of days and then boom, back to the 180’s… I’m fine with this if it’s because I’m building muscle but it’s hard not to wonder if it’s just because I’m not losing fat. And I’m working way too hard to not be losing fat! I’m about to do an Office Space printer smash with my scale.Here’s how I did on my five fitness goals (I’m linking up again with Courtney at Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar at Mar on the Run and Cynthia at You Signed Up For What, make sure you check out their Friday Five linkup for other great posts):
- Counting Carbs – Breakfast – 30g; Lunch & Dinner – 45g each, snacks – 15g each.
- I did really well here again this week. I had three slips during the week. One dinner of potato pancakes that my husband made and I had a few too many because I was hungry and they were delicious; four bite sized cupcakes (grrrr to my coworkers for bringing that crack into the office) as a snack yesterday and a small order of onion rings at lunch yesterday as self-medication for a stressful long meeting (17 hour work days are awesome). Otherwise I stuck to my plan. I just can’t believe that those small cheats are enough to prevent weight loss.
- Structured Eating – 3 meals and 3 snacks per day.
- I did ok with this. Three meals all the time and I tried to remember all snacks, but I tended to miss my mid-morning one. I think this is so important and I need to find a better way to make it happen. When I get too hungry, potato pancakes and mini cupcakes begin to sing their siren song to me…
- Running – Focus on speed and form.
- 5 mile long run at a 10 min mile pace on Sunday
- 8×400 repeats under 8:40 on Tuesday
- 2 mile tempo run under 9:40 on Thursday
- Monday & Wednesday were bike cross training
- Strength – Commit to 2x a week strength.
- Monday & Wednesday completed. I originally wanted to do 3x a week but I don’t think that’s going to work for me while I know I can manage the 2x a week schedule.
- As promised, we went to the Devil’s Millhopper last Friday. It’s a gorgeous sinkhole that you can go down a bunch of steps into. In addition to going down all those steps, I also got to carry my 30lb preschooler piggyback all the way up those stairs. There are a LOT of stairs. It was gorgeous and with all the rain lately, the waterfalls were really flowing. After going down into the sinkhole, we also did a nature walk around the sinkhole. Lots of fun and a beautiful setting.
- This week we may have to skip it because Eli has a cold and it’s going to rain a ridiculous amount today and tomorrow.
Last weekend was insane. Friday was the adventure trip, picking up Erik’s cake (40th birthday!)taking it to our friend’s house, doing more errands, then getting ready for a flea market at my mom’s church that I committed to during a moment of weakness. I haven’t had a garage sale in a decade because I hate getting ready for them and dealing with the crazy people who inevitably show up and threaten to go to the bathroom in my yard if I don’t let them use the one in my house (true story). Then we had dinner (grown ups only, woo hoo) and a party for Erik’s birthday (look at the awesome tattoos we got! So sad mine are already gone). Got home close to midnight, woke up at 5:30am for the flea market. Drove out, set up, sold stuff, went to lunch with Erik’s family for his birthday, went back, packed up came home, crashed. Woke up, started house cleaning because on Sunday we were having friends over (this was probably my most social weekend ever). Squeezed in my five mile long run and got in the shower just as our friends came over. Whew. So much fun but absolutely exhausting!! That’s my long version of why this is my first blog post since last Friday!
My left knee was really tweaky after my speed work Tuesday. I iced it and taped it with Rock Tape and it was feeling a lot better by my Thursday run. I think I’ll make sure to tape it before my speed work this week. I’m sticking with my plan this week. If the scale stays the same I may take a break from it for a while. It’s getting discouraging and I know that I’m making progress (I just have to believe it!) and I don’t want to give up on this good work just because I’m not seeing the # on the scale move…
How did your week go?