The theme of this Saturday Update is Keepin’ On, Keepin’ On. I’ve actually stayed off the scale all week, so I have no idea what is going on there. I had a conference in Orlando this week. Eli had a doctor’s appointment that we couldn’t move also, so I got to spend a lot of time on the turnpike and I-75.
- Sunday: Drove to Orlando, conference sessions from 11am to 5pm, then Bike cross training and weight training.
- Monday: Ran 8×400 repeats at the hotel, then conference from 9am to 5pm. Drove back to Gainesville.
- Tuesday: Eli’s doctor appointment, then drove to Orlando. Conference sessions in the afternoon then Bike cross training and weights.
- Wednesday: Conference from 8-noon, then drove to Lakeland to visit Sparkleskirts Headquarters. Came home with two new skirts (yay!), then drove back to Gainesville.
- Thursday: Ran 3 miles, 2 at short tempo pace then mowed the yard. Vacation day from work.
- Friday: Rest!
- Saturday: Ran 6 miles at long tempo pace.
I’m slowly acclimating to the summer heat and humidity. It’s not fun at all and I have to get up at the crack of dawn to get my run in while it is still tolerable. By last July, I had gotten acclimated enough to it to be able to run a little later in the day. It just takes time!
It’s so hard to eat well while at a conference. There are tons of free sodas and desserts and the healthy food is so very expensive. Lunch at the hotel restaurant was $26 after tax and tip. That’s just crazy! Over all I’d say I ate well at least 75% of the time and about 10x better than I usually eat while at a hotel. And I stuck with my workouts, so I’m really pleased with that.
I did a post yesterday about what I plan to do over the summer and it’s helping me refine my goals. Although the scale isn’t moving at the moment, I can tell that my body composition is changing after two months of regular weight training. My speedwork is still very difficult and I’m hoping that can be attributed to the summer heat/humidity. Or maybe speedwork is just always hard!
Today we’re going to the springs for a get together with family and friends, so that should be a fun adventure! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for $100 gift card here. And a reminder that Patty from My No-Guilt Life and I are starting a new link-up called Tuesdays on the Run. Learn more here.
How did your week go? Is summer making it easier or harder for you to meet your fitness goals?