Sorry I’m late today on my Saturday update, we just got back from a crazy three days at Disney World. I was so excited that we got our annual passes again (read more on my exuberance here) and we had a great time.
- Eating: Well, I wish I could report good news here, but remember how I said I went to Disney? Yeah, I have a hard time not going overboard with food at Disney. I tried, and I was pretty good at the beginning of the week, but I ate like a crazy person the second half of the week. Alex’s 15th birthday was Wednesday, so we had hibachi for dinner and a cupcake afterwards. Then Disney. Cupcakes, rice crispy treats, chex mix (BOGO), orange soda… Sigh. If I ‘m going to Disney more often, I HAVE to get a plan. My family really loves having food treats at Disney too, so this is a habit I’ll have to break for all of us, not just me.
- Running: I only ran once this week, on Tuesday. I skipped my long run because of our beach trip last weekend and I took all my stuff to run at Disney on Thursday but honestly I was so exhausted from our crazy park hopping that you couldn’t have paid me to get up at 6am and run. I have no idea how people do 12 hours at the parks and then get up at the crack of dawn to run before another 12 (or longer) hour day at the parks. Even with Eli’s midday naps, it felt crazy to consider doing a run on top of all the walking. Maybe it’s worse right now because I’m piggy-backing a 32 pound Eli around at least half of the day. We don’t do strollers but his legs won’t hold up to all the running around we do so we tote him around a lot.
- Strength/Cross Training: I did both strength training and bike cross training workouts this week. I’m on Stage 2 of my strength training book and wow did I feel the difference of moving to new exercises this week. I did notice a difference at the parks being able to pick Eli up and put him on my back easily without having to squat down and let him climb on, so I think my upper body has gotten much stronger!
- Adventure: I may have overdone it on this one! We went to the beach last weekend and had a great time! I did twist my ankle a bit chasing after Eli in the surf but it seems to have healed up pretty well. And then we had our Disney trip. Thursday we got up at 5:30am, drove down, checked into POP, took the bus to the Magic Kingdom, rode rides, ate lunch at Be Our Guest (cupcake #1), rode more rides, went to Tom Sawyer’s Island and went over the barrel bridge five times in a row, rode more rides, took a nap, went back, rode the monorail to Epcot, walked all around Epcot, watched Illuminations while we headed out because Eli hated the fireworks, crashed. Friday we went to Typhoon Lagoon (detailed post on that adventure coming soon!) and we chased after Eli all morning at the water park, took a nap and went back to Magic Kingdom for more rides, Electric Light Parade, Fireworks, more rides, crashed. Saturday (today!) was Animal Kingdom until about 2pm, then drive home and unpack and do laundry! And blog a bit! Whew, crazy adventures for sure this week! This is how I felt too!
- Self Confidence: If you read this post, you know that I am not making a ton of progress here. I wonder if some self help books are in order? I know I don’t have a perfect body and still have a ways to go to be in the healthy weight range but I have to get rid of this self loathing I have about the excess fat on my body. While I’m committed to do the work to get rid of it, I need to stop hating it so much and to stop beating myself up over it.
So, this week had a lot of exercise and good weight training, not enough running, plenty of fun and adventure and way too much junky food. I’m back on track tomorrow (yeah, guess I should admit now that I had Popeye’s for dinner!) with my Don’t Eat Crap diet. And before I go back to Disney (probably for a day trip in three weeks) I need “A Plan” for how to have fun at Disney without going overboard on the food treats!
What did you do this week for adventure? I’m thinking we might go back to the springs next weekend! Outdoor adventures in the summer with water are much more fun!