Weight: 170.2 (hello from the plateau)
This plateau is just killing me. I’m having trouble figuring out if I’m sabotaging myself or if my body is just fighting to hold onto the weight right now for some reason. Work is getting really insane and stressful but luckily I’m heading to Disney Friday for the Expedition Everest 5k and Scavenger Hunt. I refuse to diet at Disney (maybe I should move there) so I don’t expect to get back below 170 anytime in the next week or two. I think I’m just going to embrace it, try to eat well and healthy but can the low carb diet until I get back from Disney.
I’m weaning the toddler after we get back from Disney too and I suspect that will have some impact on my ability to lose weight. I’m hoping that the nursing hormones are why my body wants to keep the lest of the weight on, but who knows, it may even become harder…
I did pretty well on my exercise this week, despite the crazy work schedule. I managed to get in a 3.1 run, a 6.2 run (and did a 10k PR!), a circuit training class and a workout DVD. I also spent 2 1/2 hours in the yard yesterday picking up and mowing, which I am still super sore from!
Next week, I’m going to run at least twice, hopefully three times and do a circuit training class. I’ve got a ridiculous number of meetings on the calendar which could make it difficult, but I’m going to make every effort to get those workouts in!
When I get back from Disney, here’s the plan:
1. Wean the toddler. I’m a little sad since he’s my last baby, but I think we’re both ready.
2. Decide whether to do weight watchers or South Beach. I really have to just pick one and stick with it for at least three months.
3. Weigh in ONCE a week. Daily weigh ins are probably contributing to my problem.
4. Run 3x a week – 4 miles, 4 miles (speed work), and 6.2 miles (long run) for at least two months before I start adding distance to the long run (and maybe a fourth day).
5. Cross train 2x a week, focusing on core strength and hip stabilization.
My next goal is to get to 158 (12 lbs away) and my final goal weight is 138 (32 lbs away). I’d really like to be there by the end of the year if possible. I should be able to get there with a one pound a week weight loss. Time to get serious.