Welcome to the first Tuesdays on the Run of 2015! Patty from My No-Guilt Life, Erika from MCM Mama Runs and I are really excited to see what 2015 holds. And we’ve got some big goals for the year, which is today’s topic.
Last Friday, I posted about my non-fitness goals so this will be dedicated just to my running, health and fitness goals for the upcoming year. Here’s what I will accomplish in 2015:
- Get Faster. I’m going to start doing speedwork again next week, after the WDW races. Repeats once a week and tempo runs once a week. I will do one long run each week. I will do hill work. I will bust my PRs for the 5k, 10k and half marathon this year. I’ll earn that stinkin’ watermelon age group award on the 4th of July!
- Get To My Weight Goal. 2014 ended with me up about 15 pounds. As of today, I need to lose 30 pounds at a minimum and 50 pounds to get to a good racing weight. I will not eat any crap between now and Thanksgiving week. If that eating plan doesn’t result in weight loss, I will reduce carbs and start counting stinking calories.
- Get Stronger. I’ll do PiYo or other strength training twice a week at a minimum.
- Stay Hydrated. I have trouble with this one, so I’ll be drinking 8-12 glasses of water every day.
- Take Vitamins. I’ll take a multivitamin and omega-3’s every day.
- Find Adventure. I’ve only got four races scheduled so far this year (2015 races is next weeks topic!) and I think I’m going to look into putting together a Ragnar team or some other adventure kind of race for 2015. I’m not sure whether that directly counts as a fitness goal, but it is part of my running goals! If that doesn’t pan out, I may look into an adventure hike like a few days on the Appalachian Trail. I need to shake things up!