Back in January, we all shared our goals for 2015 (here are mine) and six months later, we’re revisiting them to see how we did. Here are the goals I set for this year and how I’ve done so far (spoiler alert…not so well!):
- Get Faster. Nope. Not yet. My running has been sporadic this year so far. I do have “a plan” for still meeting this goal in the second half of the year.
- Get To My Weight Goal. Nope. I’ve gained this year so far. Paleo didn’t work for me at all (too restrictive). I am doing Weight Watchers and tracking points. It seems like every time I get some momentum, something external happens to give me an excuse to get off track. Illness, Eli’s procedure, eight million trips to Disney World…
- Get Stronger. I’ve had a few good months of consistent training, but stopped for a while. I am restarting this up as we speak!
- Stay Hydrated. I did awesome while I was on Paleo, but not so well otherwise. I know I feel so much better when I’m drinking plenty of water!
- Take Vitamins. Another nope! Ugh, this one is so easy!
- Find Adventure. We have done a lot more trips to the beach, the springs, Disney and local parks. I’ve got quite a few races on the calendar for the fall and winter, including a trip to Anaheim! I want to work out a way for us to make it on some out-of-state nature adventures next spring or summer.
So, while I’m not particularly proud of my progress this year, I feel like taking a step back this year in my running and writing has allowed me to really reassess and refocus. It will continue to be a challenge to work my fitness into a demanding and stressful work schedule and to have to strength to deal with fatigue, stress, frustration and sadness without turning to food. I have a beautiful vision of how I want my life to be and I know the steps to get there.
I’ve restarted tracking my Weight Watchers points this week (yes, again) and I ran yesterday. One day at a time is the way to get there!
So, share your good news with me! Tell me your successes in reaching the goals you set for this year!