Join us on today’s Tuesdays on the Run linkup with Patty from My No-Guilt Life, Erika from MCM Mama Runs and me. Today we’re all about sitting back, putting your feet up and dreaming a little. If money, time, race lotteries and distance were no object, what would your dream race be?
I have a whole lot of races on my wish list (here) and it’s tough to narrow it down to my one dream race! I mean, Wales, Scotland, Yellowstone, Alaska, China… Combining running and travel is my idea of perfection!
If I could pick just one, it would probably be the Safaricom Marathon in Kenya in June. This race is a dream race because:
- Hello, it’s in Africa! Kenya to be specific. I would love to be able to travel to every continent and the beauty of Africa would be amazing to experience in person.
- It’s a full marathon. While I’m dreaming, I’d love to be able to run a full marathon! They do have a half marathon option too.
- All of the lodging options are camping, from very basic to deluxe.
- They have lots of wildlife. In fact, they may have too much wildlife. But I love this disclosure.
- It supports the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in northern Kenya.
There are so many races I’d love to run, scattered around the world and it was hard to pick just one, but the scenery, charity supported and opportunity to visit another continent pushed this one to the top of my list!