For today’s Tuesdays on the Run, Patty from My No-Guilt Life, Erika from MCM Mama Runs and I are sharing our favorite running and fitness trackers. Coincidentally, I just got a new Fitbit and I’m really enjoying it. A couple of years ago, I had a Fitbit Flex which was nice but was kind of annoying because it had to be physically synced with my computer and it didn’t have a clock on the display. Worst of all, the band wasn’t very secure and ended up falling off outside one day which meant it was lost forever.
So, what about my new Fitbit Charge HR?
What I love about it:
- In addition to steps and distance, it tracks heart rate without a chest strap.
- The display can be toggled to show the time, my heart rate, steps walked, distance walked and stair flights climbed.
- It has a nice watch band clasp, so it’s not going to fall off my wrist!
- It comes in purple.
- It auto syncs to my iPhone through an app which shows all the data and has a really nice user interface.
What I don’t love about it:
- It’s only water resistant (rain and sweat are ok) but not water proof (so no swimming or bathing). That’s not a huge deal, but it meant that I almost never wore it during my week at the beach which was kind of disappointing.
- The two strap sizes are not great for me because I’m in between. I got the smaller band which is ok normally, but you’re supposed to push it higher on your wrist/arm for running to get a better hear rate reading. Unfortunately, it’s kind of too small to fit comfortably further up my arm.
- The resting heart rate calculation doesn’t make sense to me when I look at my readings. I think it’s too high compared to my average heart rate when laying down.
Do you use any kind of daily fitness tracker? What do you think about it?