Welcome back to Tuesdays on the Run with me, Patty from My No-Guilt Life, Erika from MCM Mama Runs. The leaves are changing, Halloween is behind us, and that means that gift buying season is right around the corner. Are you looking to buy something for the runner in your life? Hunting out some must-haves for your own holiday gift list? Well, you’re in luck because today’s topic is Gift Guides for Runners. If nothing on my list strikes your fancy, visit the linked posts below and you’re sure to find the perfect gift you didn’t even know you needed until today!
1. Spa Gift Certificates. Running tightens up muscles and kinks up tendons. It also turns our feet into a hot mess of calluses and lost toenails. A gift certificate to a nice spa for a pedicure, massage or any other pampering service will rejuvenate any runner. I need deep tissue massage to keep from getting injured, but those are not fun. A hot stone massage in a luxurious setting…now that is decadent!
2. Bondibands or Bondicompression. I have a drawer full of Bondiband heavy wicking headbands in a rainbow of colors. And I still find a few more I need to buy every time I visit their website. I’m almost embarrassed to admit how many pairs of their compression socks I own, but like Ariel, I still want more. Their products are cute, functional and durable. I throw them in the washer and dryer and they hold up wonderfully. Don’t forget to use “SPARKLE” to get 10% off anything on the Bondiband website.
3. SparkleSkirts. You guys know I only run in SparkleSkirts. And most of them aren’t even sparkly. Yes, according to my husband, I have too many already. But they keep coming out with gorgeous new prints and I can say that I do use all of them fairly regularly. Want to learn more?
I have some information from SparkleSkirts that in addition to new embellishments, they are working on a whole passel of new skirts and accessories (capes, utility belts and gauntlets) that are Star Wars inspired and will be available for the lucky ducks who will be running the runDisney Star Wars races at Disneyland.
4. Jewelry. Does your runner love Pandora? Or Alex and Ani? You can find great charms to celebrate accomplishments in both styles. Some jewelry stores have a large selection of specialized options just for runners, like Gone for a Run. And if there is a special race that your loved one is training for or has just completed, any piece of jewelry to symbolize that achievement will be highly valued, running-themed or not!
5. Running Store Gift Certificate. This is the ultimate in easy gift giving, but it’s sure to please even the pickiest runner. They can use it to buy themselves running shoes, running fuel, running clothes, foam rollers or anything their little healthy hearts desire. All the major stores like Fit2Run offer gift certificates and most smaller boutique running stores do as well.
6. Race-cation. For an amazing gift for yourself or for the runner you love, consider giving a race-cation. Pick a future race you know your loved one wants to run (that isn’t sold out yet!) and print up a gift certificate committing to purchase the race registration and any other part of the trip that you feel comfortable with, like the hotel, airfare, meals, etc. I wouldn’t recommend actually registering someone else for a race without clearing it with them first, though! There are some amazing options out there, from races at National Parks to any runDisney races.
I know this isn’t a traditional gift guide, but it does list the things I’d love for the holidays (hint, hint to my loving family)! Here’s hoping you have a happy, healthy and fun holiday season.