Current Weight: 176.8
– From Last Week – 0 pound loss
– From Highest Weight – 57.2 pound loss
This is astoundingly good news because:
- I got Eli’s cold and when I’m sick I eat goldfish, pringles and drink gatorade.
- I also don’t work out when I’m sick.
- My work hit an insane stress peak this week.
- Holiday party at work. With the best mac & cheese ever! Ok, I admit it, I think all mac & cheese is the best ever!
In other words, I expected another gain and breaking even is really a win after the week I had! I’ll be starting my runs and strength training again tomorrow. I did a great job with eating well when I had the willpower to do so and I had no diet mtn dew again!
I really want to get on a serious healthy eating program again, but I know all these upcoming holiday parties and celebrations are highly likely to derail me. So, I’m going to do the eat well when I’m able to and indulge when it’s worth it until Christmas. December 26th will be the official start of my real healthy eating plan.
So, what should it be?
- Pros: No calorie or points counting. Healthy food focus.
- Cons: No legumes, really??? I love peanut butter, black beans and black eyed peas…
- South Beach:
- Pros: Has been successful for me in the past. No calorie or points counting. Reduces my carb cravings.
- Cons: Hard to be strict on this while doing long distance running. I love fruit.
- Weight Watchers:
- Pros: Moderation, healthy food, “smart” program, portion control.
- Cons: I detest, hate and can’t stand point counting. And I’m always hungry on WW.
- Calorie Counting:
- Pros: Flexible, logical, portion control.
- Cons: I detest, hate and can’t stand calorie counting. And it makes me hungry.
- Whole Foods (April’s Version):
- Pros: This is my don’t eat crap diet that involves only eating things that aren’t processed. Brown rice, low-carb pasta, lean meats, veggies, fruits, peanut butter… No sugar, chips, fried foods, crap.
- Cons: I’m not sure if it actually works.
I need help! Please give me your advice, experience and suggestions for what plan to follow. I’ve lost the ability to make my own mind up on this one!